SS Lighting is one of the fastest growing Lighting Agencies in Alberta supplying lighting to the Residential, Commercial and Industrial market and we are now looking for the perfect individual to share our passion for lighting.
We are currently hiring a Specification Sales Representative for Calgary and Southern Alberta.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
This position requires a self starter with excellent communication and organizational skills who can conquer Calgary’s high demand for quality lighting products. The Specification Sales Representative, is responsible for creating demand and providing product support at the architectural/design level while creating opportunities to fill a pipeline of SS Lighting’s commercial/residential specifications.
The successful candidate will develop working relationships to become a trusted resource with key personnel within a community of targeted architect and design firms operating awareness, education, advocacy, and ultimately gaining acceptance of SS Lighting’s product offerings to secure the specification of our products in related construction documentation. In addition, this position will require the successful candidate to follow through on each specified project until completion.
- Develop and manage specification partners in designated territory
- Actively work with existing and potential architects and designers to extend SS Lighting’s sales reach to demonstrate or update product information with the ultimate goal of getting SS Lighting’s products specified in projects.
- Manage potential and actual channel conflict.
- Develop strong working relationships with leading architects, designers, end customers and general contractors within territory.
- Must understand the design community and construction process delivering effective product presentations.
- Uncover projects/ opportunities from architects and other lead sources.
- Research and utilize the hit list of desired firms.
- Generate market demand in designated territory by working as efficiently as possible
- Target, contact, schedule and conduct Lunch & Learns monthly.
- Deliver effective sales meetings and presentations to a wide range of large and medium sized businesses, through pre-booked and ad-hoc meetings.
- Promote SS Lighting Products to all facets of the design and specification channel.
- Utilize available tools (Sample demonstrations, design development assistance, energy reports, etc.) to solidify SS Lighting’s position.
- Coordinate bid strategies, quotes, orders, and responses to contract documentation.
- Professional Presentation: Maintain a professional presentation both in appearance and in written and verbal communication.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience in successful specification sales.
- Strong communication & networking skills.
- Strong presentation skills, experience delivering continuing education courses a plus
- Strong ability to solve the financial and business problems for customers by providing high level solutions in a conceptual manner.
- Computer skills: Proficiency with MS Office is required. Proficiency with a CRM system is preferred.
- Full driver’s license with good driving record.
Industry experience is an asset but not a prerequisite as full training and support will be provided along with a competitive salary, fuel allowance, phone and benefits package.
If this sounds like the position for you, please contact Ned Atkinson for further information.